Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M27 in close up narrowband - separate channels and combined

Tim

Finally getting round to processing some of the stuff that is sat on my HDD. This sequence was from the end of June this year, captured with my trusty SXV H9 camera and a Skywatcher MN190 OTA. Baader narrowband filters used.

The ha shots varied between 20 and 30 mins each, and the O3 were all just 20 mins each. I have included them separately as they are pretty in themselves.

For the false colour version, all sorts of dark arts came into play, heavily involving Registar, Photoshop, and Pixinsight. The original Ha and O3 were both prepared in Pixinsight before combination.

Still to come I have found over 30 hours worth of M97, also Thors Helmet, Pacman, Elephants trunk, NGC 281, The crescent nebula, and some tri-colour narrowband data for M16, which dates way back this year. I have decided not to capture any more till I have processed this little bunch :icon_salut:

Cheers

Tim

post-14037-133877487204_thumb.jpg

post-14037-133877487212_thumb.jpg

post-14037-13387748722_thumb.jpg

Can I ask what the RGB mix was for the Ha and OIII data?

With the Ha and O3 as above, processed in PI to try and bring out some of the inner detail as well as the outer faint stuff, the normal Ha+O3+O3 looked wrong, Ha+O3+(Ha+O3) also looked wierd.

It starts with Ha+O3+(03+Ha(90/10)). Then it got messy :icon_salut: I then combined the RGB image of the same data processed previously in a different way in PS, layer blend to colour, 50%. Add 25% Ha as luminance layer and 25% O3 layer as a lightness layer.

That was about it I reckon, lots of swapping back and forth between PI, registar and PS.

Archived