Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter GRS (& its little bro) Sept 22nd Skymax 127

Space Cowboy

Got a dozen avis in last night and this is the best so far. 3x Barlow skymax 127 with SPC900 webcam. After a very turbulent start seeing improved enough to try 5fps which has produced my best Jupiter so far. 600 stacked from 900. Image has been up-sized 150%. Nothing fancy with processing just wavelets and RGB align.

space-cowboy-albums-jupiter-picture6851-cratlerlet-capture-sept-21st-0008-150-perc.jpg

Thanks again! The 127 is a brilliant little scope and keeps surprising me all the time. I reckon with very good seeing conditions should get some reasonable shots at 4x Barlow. I did take a couple on this night but they are a lacking the quality of the 3x shots. BTW the 3x shot is 2x barlow plus empty barlow tube.

Here is a 4x barlow shot but it's a bit crude :

space-cowboy-albums-jupiter-picture6848-cratlerlet-capture-sept-21st-0009-castr-n10.jpg

Archived