Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WIP: The M33 Galaxy *Unguided* Part 2

Deneb

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brilliant images mate...really inspirational! I love looking at your pictures mate, and find it a treat everytime there's a new thread :)

What filters etc are you using? and how much light pollution in your area?

Cheers,

Matt.

Thanks Matt, The only filters I use, is the Baader DSLR Mod filter in the 450D & an Astronomik CLS Clip LPR Filter.

Regarding my light pollution its pretty bad in a London Suburb, I can count upto maybe 30-40 stars on a good night.

Nadeem.

I agree - That's an absolutely AMAZING image... :) and especially so for unguided! ;). I had a go at M33 a few nights again and was only able to get 90s on a CG5... and that at ISO 1600. Needless to say the result left a lot to be desired [sIGH!] - What ISO do you normally use...?

Thanks Nadeem - My ISO 1600 M33 with 90s subs was a total grain / noise disaster..!

It may have been my processing (as I'm still very much on the start of that learning curve) but I'd like to think that your 190mm/f5.2 on an EQ6 is, relatively speaking, in a different league from my 100mm/f9 on a CG5... unless I can get my setup process half as good as yours that is(!). As much as I'd like to say that I'll keep on trying (and will have to do so for the time being), I think I'm going to have to try continuing to save up for a LPR filter of some description and a "guidecam" (although I must say I do envy you with your MN190!)

Archived