Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WIP: The M33 Galaxy *Unguided* Part 2

Deneb

Hi

Continuing the M33 Galaxy I have added another 1hr & 30mins of data, I thought I give you a short preview of it, tonight I will reprocess it a bit more.

With last nights data added:

M33170910_gx1024.jpg

Compared from the 1st night:

M33b-1.jpg

Cheers

Nadeem.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Mate ! I don't do drift alignment as well... Just need some good patience.. Accept there are subs your going to scrap due to drive errors, Good Polar Alignment, Balancing & willingness to learn... Who says you need a guidescope system to create good images... ? (please guiders I mean no offence)...

Nadeem.

Oh my your image is absolutely and utterly spectacular. Just imagine what else is there, hidden away in that galaxy that humanity is yet to discover. I particularly like the colours of M33 - are you recording the UV part of the spectrum too?

These subs are 2mins each, i have pushed on occasions upto 2mins 39secs, but I see some stars trailing to an horrible effect. I only get 3mins with no trailing but thats with a focal length of 750mm with my moonlited 150P. But 2mins is the limit for my MN190 & I can live with it..

BTW it's not all about just taking pictures, after you have to work on using some wizardry :)

@Tim - I'm glad we had that discussion too..

Nadeem..

2 minutes, that's incredible. I experimented with my own polar alignment after I "had a go" at M33 last Friday. I found that 2 minutes 15 seconds was 'pushing it' and wondered, on average, if this was "ok" or not for my HEQ5PRO+SW150P combination.

Your MN190 is really doing the job for you and your amazing unguided images are pushing me more towards modifying a DSLR than getting some form of tracking (I can't justify both right now).

I found that 2 minutes 15 seconds was 'pushing it' and wondered, on average, if this was "ok" or not for my HEQ5PRO+SW150P combination.

I would have thought that should be possible with that mount, I was doing 2min subs even with my old EQ5/CG5 setup...

Nadeem.

Archived