Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Kelling Heath NGC7000

Paxo

Following the departure of most of the SGLers from the bottom of the Blue field, Daz and I were left to our own devices on the Sunday evening. Following a substantial meal and watching the drizzle out of the pub window, the night got out nice and clear (if not a little milky from time to time.

Well, after starting with some significant filter wheel issues (which started the night before) I decided to capture NGC700 in Luminance only (Ha would have been better but my filter was jamming in the wheel.

So here's 20 300 second subs taken on the H36 through a Pentax 75 scope. Guided with a SXV guidecam through a WO72 on an EQMOD controlled EQ6 Pro. Captured and stacked in MaximDL with a few tweaks in PSCS. No flats or darks just bias (filter wheel problem)

Picked up some nice dusty areas around the "mexico" region and over onto the Pelican, hope you can pick up on your machine.

Thanks for looking, Steve

paxo-albums-sxvr-h36-picture6676-ngc7000-rework-sgl.jpg

[Edit] just put the correct image in showing the dust lanes better.

Nice shot

I get my True Tech jamming sometimes, and I think it's because as you slew around the bottom removable half gets shifted slightly out of alignment. It really doesn't take much to jam it does it

Nice shot

I get my True Tech jamming sometimes, and I think it's because as you slew around the bottom removable half gets shifted slightly out of alignment. It really doesn't take much to jam it does it

It's more the noise it makes in a quiet field with very few people around.

Steve

The CG5 makes the noise when it's working - unlike you're filter wheel :)

Glad you were able to get something - and quite something too - Mexico is indeed a detailed and dusty place :)

Hope you're run of bad luck is about to turn!!!

James

Glad you and Daz had another clear night!

Another great image from you Steve, it never ceases to amaze me the fov in these images. Sorry to hear about your filter wheel, hopefully you'll get it sorted.

Just out of interest why did that stop you taking flats?

Cheers

Ant

Glad you and Daz had another clear night!

Just out of interest why did that stop you taking flats?

Cheers

Ant

I ended up rotating the camera in relation to the filter wheel after the Ha filter got stuck so when the flats were taken they didn't match the optical train of the luminance channel.

frustrating, but that's life.

Steve

Archived