Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bode's & Cigar

paulobao

Hello everyone,

Since I'm far from my gear until the next NM what can I do! Reprocessing old images :).

Here M81 and M82 that I catch last 13 Feb 2010.

I only acquired data from L,R and B channels (16x12min: 6x12min: 7x12min) with my Tak FS102NSV @ f/8 + QSI532WS-M1 @ -30ºC!

A great target again in a couple of months :blob10:.

Regards,

paulo

lrgbcomclippinggroupsv4.jpg

Hi Alan,

250 kms away....I live near Oporto and my gear is at my parents house 250 kms away. 3 reasons for that: my parents house is at the countryside and the sky is still black; I'm building an observatory there; if the gear was with me it would be a temptation to go outside even if I live in the centre of a major town...and I need time for my family too :-).

Regards,

paulo

Very nice Paulo :blob10:

I assume you made a synth green channel...it's worked well, but I can't wait to see this with more data later on.

Not a criticism, but is that a bit of blooming I see on the stars?

The reason I ask is that I'm interested in the 532 as a possible future camera.

Cheers

Rob

Thanks! Yes it is the Holmberg IX dwarf galaxy (see the title of my first post).

Yes Rob the 532 blooms, there's nothing you can do. It is a scientific camera and the NABG feature is really a plus (it is why I bought it in first place, for my astrometric and photometric "work"). You may debloom your images with software as you know! I do not remember anymore if I debloomed this one! I just picked this image from my astrophoto folder and worked a little bit on it! And yes there is a sG in this image.

Cheers,

paulo

Archived