Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC7000 Leitz APO 180 F4 Atik 314L 2308010

Fay

Fay, great. It is a superb result and will give you lovely widefield possibilities on your 285 chip.

For filter removal Peter Vasey kindly gave me an excellent rubber strap and handle intended to allow elederly folks like me to open their jam of a morning! You see them in supermarkets.

Stillsons???? I am going to hide mine before you arrive in September...

Olly

It is a T thread into the Atik, one side, & into the filter wheel the other. Problem is, there is so little to grab hold of! I have order a filter removal tool on EBay, it may not be suitable, bit is not expensive. I am also having a special tool made at a local engineering firm, but it is not ready yet.

A rubber band has been suggested, but it is the narrowness of the adaptor that is the problem, can't get a grip!!!

Olly, I will have a look for those tomorrow, in Tesco, thing is, I need to get this off by tonight, stilsons here I come!!!! It is a new T ring as well

Baby Boa, will look now, thanks

Yes Peter, it was made for the Canadian Navy & is supposed to perform best at infinity. It is supposed to be a very fine lens.

Dangerous Dave has taken some very nice shots with his Leitz, but he could not reach focus using a filter wheel with his SX H9. I can, just about, as the backfocus on the Atik 314L is 12mm.

People are taking some very nice images with their lens's now, a lot of them bought for a very reasonable price.

I am thinking I could get the image smoother if done thru my WO66 or ED80, but then It was a full moon, so it may come out better with a dark sky, we shall see

Wonderful image....is this slightly cropped or is it as is?

I'd love to have seen the original image when it arrived on your screen, ~I'm finding looking at the images from my 314 difficult..

great work and very interesting...

cheers Guy

Archived