Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

help dslr mounting

in diar strates help , has anybody got a canon300d and using it with a skywatcher reflector as i am unsure about my mounting procedures, i have the attachments but as my pics are unfocused i am assuming something has to be rectified.

assembly pics would be great if poss.

cheers sgl ers

:) :)

Hi Mate,

Steve from FLO is currently sourcing for me a 2" low profile adapter.

Your focuser comes with removeable 2" Aand 1.25" adapters, with the 300D you cannot reach focus with the standard 2" adapter. But a smaller one is available.

I know that you can reach focus with the smaller one cause I used to own one! But like a prat sold it by mistake...

Ant

Steve from FLO is currently sourcing for me a 2" low profile adapter.

Your focuser comes with removable 2" and 1.25" adapters, with the 300D you cannot reach focus with the standard 2" adapter. But a smaller one is available.

I know that you can reach focus with the smaller one cause I used to own one! But like a prat sold it by mistake...

After several phone calls to OVL (importers), it appears that they do not supply anything like that. Perhaps it was made by someone other than Skywatcher/Synta? It sounds like a useful accessory so if someone can point me in the right direction, I'll be pleased to make further enquiries.

Thanks

Col, the way it works is that you need a T ring which fits into the bayonet on your 300D camera. This has a thread which mates to the thread on your telescope. The 1 1/4" eyepiece holder bit comes off by loosening two thumbscrews above the focuser, and then you unscrew the tube bit from the wider part which locates into the focuser. The T ring screws onto the wider part then you put the camera etc. back onto the focuser.

If you have a T mount noepiece you can get to use filters by putting the nosepiece onto the adapter on the camera. The procedure is similar to above, except that when you have unscrewed the tube from the wider part you screw it back in underneath (it makes sense if you have it in your hand). This has a major disadvantage as you can't use the thumbscrew to secure the camera and so it will fall off if you move the telescope around and get the focuser underneath.

HTH

Captain Chaos

BTW BTDT see http://stargazerslounge.co.uk/index.php?topic=4276.0

BC&F do a 2 inch adaptor thats low profile....but again the T mount for your canon is extra.. I dont know about the skywatcher but with my sentinal (ZS80 clone) without a barlow I had to plug straight into the back of the scope to get it to focus.. with a barlow I needed a 3 inch extension.. dont forget to set the camera so it knows you have a manual focus /fixed apeture lense on it.. ( well you have to with the samsung GX1-L)

I work at the steel works and have some friends in the machine shop that are wizards with a lathe if anyone can do a drawing of the type of adapter that they need then I imagine for a small charge they would run one off for you. I have the SkyWatcher 200 and waiting for my T-adapter to come in the post - if I have the same problem then I will ask for a couple of extra ones to be run off.

Scotty

Archived