Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Empire Strikes Back

:-)....after looking again last night...you're right and it's exactly what I am planning.

It's a 90...have decided... mainly to get a flat field across the whole disc

Will be speaking to people today..

As for "overpriced solarscopes"...obviously not tried one... price performance ratio, there aint much barring a daystar to touch them, and again I point to the Aston Martin Analogy.

Peter - UK prices are very good...the SM60 at £1299 is amazing

Durr - I would be mate, but there you go....these will be landing pretty soon

I don't often get excited in this way, but these prices are just silly good...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He can...but it's like that chap who bought the Cak90 for £9000 and then Lunt came out with their 100mm Cak Module for £799...

ho hum

Whatever your going to buy your always on a loser :) someone will always come out with something better & cheaper.

Lunt will no doubt respond.......price war, win win win for the buyer.

Hang on a minute , i think that Ken has got it right and im wrong about the D-Stacked units , the scopes would have to have an internal etalon stack (smaller) to allow the quick adjustment.

This means that the single stacked scopes will ONLY have an ERF to the objective and NOT say a 90mm (obstructed etalon).

This may also explain the big price hike to DS unit prices (UK) as they will use normal aperture etalons like current systems.

So the new scopes (single) are likely to have sub aperture etalons.

Will need to wait to see what prices the Filters are going to be over here.

Brian

Yup, it's looking that way...just had an email to that effect too..

Awaiting response from others

If that is the case, then it's more like the LS series, depending on what size etalon they are using at the tuning point. It also means that a flat field is unlikely..

So, front mounted filter system, 90mm price is the next question (just the filter)...I have a BF, I just need a 90mm filter (stick on the TMB maybe)

Still the 60 at £1299 with even an internal is cheaper than the LS60..

Whatever your going to buy your always on a loser :) someone will always come out with something better & cheaper.

When someone beats £200 for a PST, which was then all modded up and running on an 80mm Vixen for a tad less than £700, let me know :-)

But yes, you're right in 90% of cases..

(still I paid £50 for my xbox360 HDMI/20...still to find something to beat that...lol)

try selling a Lunt now

Coronado - SolarMax II 60mm Etalon/ RichView Tuner Package - Model Number: SME-60 - $899.00

wow!

Coronado - SolarMax II 90mm Etalon/ RichView Tuner Package - Model Number: SME-90 - $2,399.00

double wow

$2399 for a 90mm front etalon..

Plate machined up for the TMB, BF10 on the back...wham bam thank you mam

Fingers crossed UKP prices will be close enough not to warrant shipping em in..

Those are VERY interesting prices!!! Even when you factor in the cost of an adaptor/ mounting plate and a BF10 or BF15 - it still looks very good!!!

I hope it all comes together for them...solar observing/ imaging will benefit!!

I think the tears of excitement are clouding your mathematics...

The price quoted, I believe, is just the BASIC SM90 front etalon..no adaptors, no BF filters...

So you'll still need (I assume?) to hold onto the BF10 you have..

Nevertheless a very good price!

Ken

yes...sans BF15, so keep the 10...I was getting excited

$3000 ish with the 15

so, keeping the 15, will be around £2500 to me...if I sell the 10 (which will sell in 5 minutes!)

Apart from the Televue scopes, are there any other scopes of 90-100mm aperture which have threads on the front of the OTA? I had a SM60 filter once upon a time and was not too keen on using a basic adapter over the front of the scope. Ideally, it would also have a 2" Crayford focuser with 1:10 reduction and be reasonably priced.

Archived