Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Looks like this is what they should ALL be capable of

NickH

Now, if I had tested this one, I would be very happy

http://britastro.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Rogerio-Marcon-AR1092_2010-08-01_Marcon_1230UT-Lunt-LS50-Zeiss-AS200-3000mm-refr-Lumenera-LU075M-cam.jpg

That's one hell of an image for a 50mm filter

so...if you get a Lunt, this is what it should deliver... anything less, send it back :-0

Stunning image...

Stunning......the more solar images I see the more I want to try it.

Thats why I tend not to look at them....

Even when we modded Kevs .. I had only the briefest of squints theought the EP.. its addictive...

I dont think i could ever look through Nick's or one of Ken's scopes... well not until the first opportunity after the National Lottery money was in the account :)

Peter...

Okay well that image is NOT what it seems

It appears that the guy has placed the LS50 filter "INSIDE" a 200mm Zeiss scope, making it a 200mm aperture scope and NOT a 50mm (which explains the image detail)

So I am less impressed, but still, it's a very nice image

I'd love to start observing the Sun and these shots make me want to do it more and more! The filters are quite expensive though.

But dont look at the best of the best and assume thats what you will be able to do. It can take a Long time and big wallet to achieve that. My results so far are nothing like that but I am quite happy with what comes from a standard Lunt LS60THa and that is not a really expensive scope. (You still need to add cameras and mounts if you dont have those. I just piggy back mine on the back of my 12" Meade Lx200 and make sure the cover will not come off or there will be a laser beam burning through anything behind the scope).

Bill D

Billy D's Front Page

Yes is the answer!!

I ended up using 50/50 beamsplitters instead of the diagonals to present the entrance beam from the 90mm objective to the SM40 - significant heat reduction.

I have some images somewhere - it was described over in the solar equipment section of the UKAI forum....

Ken

It does indeed Ken...very similar..

Now if he can do it and get images like that...we all can :-)

Mulling the possibilities with my SV50 etalon at the mo.. which is ludicrously good as it is

Archived