Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CCD camera on ebay

tarqs101

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Nick,

I did a very and I mean very quick focus test on Cassiopeia lastnight, still using my Megrez and the camera tripod.. Work commitments and all that so had to rush ...All I can say at the moment is I could get down to very faint stars, I will try do a side by side with my SPC900NC if the clouds clear.

What is your view on the two pictures Nick??

Acme

Nick,

It's cost £50 in total to get it to this stage, Camera, c-mount, USB frame grabber and the power connection.

Would it be better to start a new thread for the pictures taken with this camera. We might get a bit more advice now we are up and running and can provide images.

It's been all good fun and a bit of a gamble to date but now I would like to squeeze the life out of it and see what it can do. If I can't do it then perhaps I will lend it out to a someone who can, then we can all see what is possible for £50.

Acme

Nice one Gavin,

Just gaffer tape it to a diagnal or unscrew the chrome barrel of a cheapo eyepeice and have a play with it...That's what I did until my c-mount adapter arrived.

Acme

Stupid question time... when I connect the camera to the tv (not connected to telescope) the screen is just bright and changes shades as I move the camera around.

Is this right?!

Gavin

Probably if your out of focus :p

Gavin,

At least you know you have a worker now!! ..

You could try one of those black plastic cans off an old 35mm film, it will just sit over the lip on the camera, cut off the closed end and make two small cuts, unscrew the chrome end of an eyepiece and push the cannister in as far as it will go then tape them together.

I would still order a c-maount though..lol

Acme

Archived