Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CCD camera on ebay

tarqs101

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes well understand about the price, was chatting to a chap at a firm which supplies the cables and he was astonished at the price we got them for. He told me it may be better to try and make my own cable, the price he gave me was in excess of £60!! Will keep checking on that. Have found a C adapter to 1.25 will cost about £25.

Jim

Hi guys,

Pleased you have received the cameras. I'm in Devon at the moment so hopefully it'll be waiting for me when I get back. I'm feeling a little scared reading about all the adapters, cables etc you have been mentioning. Maybe it'll become clearer when I see it in person!!

Gavin

Angus, understand, yes I will be looking at this after we have got the cameras on the go. My main problem is getting a cable, 12 pin push/pull, for the the power, prices are high :mad: . Once that is past the trigger will be next, should be good for the AP work. Will keep updates as we get things going.

Jim

Been talking to my step dad who's on holiday with us. He is an engineer and thinks it looks quite simple!?! I dont! He's going to try and get it up and running with me when I've got all the bits. Keep us updated with any progress. Cant wait to get home now and have a play!

Gavin

Gavin, no it was the HIROSE HR10A-10R-12S which is the female connector. Here is the link:

HIROSE HR10A-10P-12S(73) CONNECTOR 12 pin female cable

It says cable but shows a photo of a connector only, if it is a complete cable I will be a happy bunny but knowing my luck it is just a connector :) I had to make an account there so if this one is okay do you want me to get you one or make an account yourself? It says 10+ before a price drop so would not have helped us in a price reduction.

When we get this working :D , the next part for me will be the nosepiece which will be about £25. As far as I am concerned once working we will still be quids in at the price we got it for.

Jim

Hi,

I have my Hirose power connected up to a 12v DC supply..Any ideas as to how I can tell if this is working, it has no LED's or on off switch. I have put a multi meter across the pins to confim voltage at the ends of the Hirose. Camera has no audible noise comming from it.

I don't have all the video connections as yet, I have the BNC video out to a line out phono type converter though..Any ideas on what to try next???

Acme

Oh well I think mine is dead, I tried plugging it into the "video in" on my video hard drive recorder then set the system to AV front panel and the TV to monitor. Nothing!! double checked all the connections, tried another power supply tried all the dip switches on the camera all to no avail.

Acme

Archived