NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

CCD camera on ebay

tarqs101

It's alive!!

3rd time lucky, I tried another 12v DC power connection and it all works fine.

Done a test on some trees about 300m away using my 127mm Mak, played with the dip switches for the shutter speeds and the manual gain control, it all looks very promising.

Just need the clouds to clear at some point and I can point it at the night sky.

Acme

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's brill, I was worried when reading your previous post!!

Pleased it's working.

I still haven't picked mine up yet as I was in Devon when it came so now it's waiting for me at the post office!!

Have got the Hirose adapter sorted, as you've already set yours up, do I need to solder that to the 12v power supply and then sort video out?

Gavin

It's alive!!

3rd time lucky, I tried another 12v DC power connection and it all works fine.

Done a test on some trees about 300m away using my 127mm Mak, played with the dip switches for the shutter speeds and the manual gain control, it all looks very promising.

Just need the clouds to clear at some point and I can point it at the night sky.

Acme

Also, did you adjust shutter speeds and gain settings through software on your PC??

Gavin

tarqs101

I have a spare BNC to RCA convertor, PM me your deatails and I will post it ASAP free of charge. The Hirose pin outs are in the manual, mine is pin 11 for 12v and 9 for GND. I tested the dip switches for shutter speed and the auto gain, I did try the manual gain and it worked a treat. For all those listening in, feel free to join in the converation, have a read of the manual and see if you can help us out..Any ideas on setting up the trigger options?????????

Acme

tarqs101

I have a spare BNC to RCA convertor, PM me your deatails and I will post it ASAP free of charge. The Hirose pin outs are in the manual, mine is pin 11 for 12v and 9 for GND. I tested the dip switches for shutter speed and the auto gain, I did try the manual gain and it worked a treat. For all those listening in, feel free to join in the converation, have a read of the manual and see if you can help us out..Any ideas on setting up the trigger options?????????

Acme

PM'd

Gavin,

I have only the power pins connected, I think that is all we need at the moment..I am going to investigate the other options at a later date. I am just glad to have an image on the screen that at first glance looks more detailed than my SPC900NC webcam.

I have posted the BNC to RCA and a cable also....1st class.

Acme

NickH,

Any idea how the frame rate can be controlled? Will it be done via the capture software? Amcap or wxAstroCapture..I don't get how it can be done this way as the cameras only connection will be video output, I don't see how to communicate with it unless it's via he trigger connection..Any ideas?

Acme

Gavin,

I have only the power pins connected, I think that is all we need at the moment..I am going to investigate the other options at a later date. I am just glad to have an image on the screen that at first glance looks more detailed than my SPC900NC webcam.

I have posted the BNC to RCA and a cable also....1st class.

Acme

Brilliant, thankyou so much. Are you sure you don't want anything for it?

I too was just going to get it powered up with video out and mess with other bits later.

Finally picked it up, looks like a solid piece of kit!!

£20 bargain!!

Looking forward to testing it. Have you captured any images with it at all yet? Even day shots?

Gavin

Gavin,

I am still waiting for this to arrive USB VIDEO AUDIO CAPTURE ADAPTER VHS TO DVD HDD TV CARD on eBay (end time 17-Aug-10 18:38:36 BST)

Then I can get the video stream onto my laptop, at the moment I can only connect to my Plasma via a hard drive recorder. It's the only thing in the house that has a viideo in!! Laptop and PC's are all s-video FireWire and HDMI inputs so I will just have to wait, not sure if the HD recorder captures in AVI format, I will check that out.

As for the bit's N bob's, no mate I don't want anything for them..

Acme

Cheers Gavin, I will need one of those..If your making an order then add one in for for me and I will drop the money into your Paypal account.

All of the necessary bitsNbobs have arrived and I have grabbed a few test shots, single frames from 30 sec AVI's..It's only of the trees about 50ft away. I did not have the time to set up the mount and point it at the sky lastnight.. :p

JAI CCD...Megrez 72FD on a Benbo Trekker2 tripod.. Top picture used the auto exposure, bottom was using manual gain..

Acme

post-16439-133877469119_thumb.jpg

post-16439-133877469132_thumb.jpg

That's brill!! What software did you use to capture the video and extract the single frame?

Hopefully getting mine set up tomorrow with my step dad as I've never soldered before!!

I've not placed an order yet but if I do I'll pick you one up.

Congrats on getting it working!!

Gavin

Gavin,

The software that came with the £4.99 USB EasyCap device...Ulead VideoStudio SE DVD. It saves to AVI format, a word of warning though, 30 seconds of capture = 700mb so clear out some space on your hard drive. Once you have a file you can edit it in any video software you like. I had Nero 8 open (Vision) so I just used the snapshot option.

PM me if you need any help...

AstrNerd,

I hope to get some time out this weekend so I can have a try on Jupiter!!.

Acme

Archived