Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

luminous paint ?

No worries, I worked for Brewers for a few years and had to order in all manner of strange paints.

I've got 10 litres on day glo orange in the shed, same colour as the dynarod vans.......not sure where I'm going to use that.

No worries, I worked for Brewers for a few years and had to order in all manner of strange paints.

I've got 10 litres on day glo orange in the shed, same colour as the dynarod vans.......not sure where I'm going to use that.

LOL

You know the neigbour with the really annoying secruity light... they want there car repainting... honest guv they asked me to !

LOL

You know the neigbour with the really annoying secruity light... they want there car repainting... honest guv they asked me to !

I thought about giving that 300P a lick of paint but then thought that I might want to sell it one day.........although saying that this orange would go better with your red focuser......

I thought about giving that 300P a lick of paint but then thought that I might want to sell it one day.........although saying that this orange would go better with your red focuser......

That would damage night vision for sure :)

Hold on - do you mean luminous as in very bright or flourescent as in self-glowing. ?

I'd want self-glowing for the dials if I'm going to take the trouble to paint them .

fluourescent is much harder to get hold of.

I'd like some myself...

regards

Mike

If you want self glowing paint, I used to sell some at Brewers, I think it was by a company called Coo Var. Not sure if they still do it was a 2 part product. Limited colour range and only in 200ml tins.

Hold on - do you mean luminous as in very bright or flourescent as in self-glowing. ?

I'd want self-glowing for the dials if I'm going to take the trouble to paint them .

fluourescent is much harder to get hold of.

I'd like some myself...

regards

Mike

Luminous paint = self-glowing (glow in the dark or phosphorescent paint)

Flourescent = very bright (flourescent paints react to ultra-violet light)

Radioluminescent paint = radio active isotopes

Wiki luminous paint

Glowtec Paints

Peter

badger , sorry but i think you've got luminous and fluorescent mixed up

luminous is when it will 'glow' in complete dark

flourescent i believe is just a material with very high UV reflective properties so under daylight it will seem very bright.

you can also get luminous vinyl sticker. in most colours too red blue green etc

as i remember though luminous paint , need to be 'charged' by light to work and doesnt glow indefinately, only radium paint did this

im pulling a lot of this out of the memeory so please feel free to correct me people if im wrong.

Archived