Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Atlantis Launch

Llamanaut

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never watched one of these live, it's quite exciting. Must be terrifying for the astronauts

I would love to see it in person, there must be a tremendous amount of noise & vibration even at the viewpoint

sounded awesome to.

It was some roar wasn't it

I'm going to see if I can find some HD footage of a shuttle launch. Then try on my PS3 and 42" LCD, it should be awesome

It will be.

This wasn't HD as it was straight of the NASA site so a bit blocky but still pretty good.

I also have PS3 so if you find a link let me know please.

That looks quite involved and you don't even get HD audio as PS3 cannot recognise 5.1 ACC.

What I'll do as my laptop has a HD output I'll be able to play Quicktime MOV file over laptop to HD TV and listen in 5.1 ACC audio I hope.

That looks quite involved and you don't even get HD audio as PS3 cannot recognise 5.1 ACC.

What I'll do as my laptop has a HD output I'll be able to play Quicktime MOV file over laptop to HD TV and listen in 5.1 ACC audio I hope.

That's a good plan. I forgot I have a mediacentre PC (doh). Will try and watch it on that but it might struggle with 1080

I still cannot see how they are going to finish it, as who will deliver supplies to the ISS. Unless the Chinese, Indians or Russians are going to make more missions.

i managed to record a documentary that was filmed of the first shuttle flight a while back and if you turned the volume up through a decent sound system it was truely amazing, especially that crackle from the SRB s

Archived