Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M81 reworked.

RobH

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stunning rework of an already stunning image Rob.

just had another look at this and in my view it is actually BETTER than the hubble's efforts:

File:Messier 81 HST.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

astonishing.

I am sure Rob won't mind me saying.:)

Credit where credit is due as far as the hubble image is concerned, you need to zoom in on the hubble image to see it in all it's glory.;)

Here

Mike.

I am sure Rob won't mind me saying.:)

Credit where credit is due as far as the hubble image is concerned, you need to zoom in on the hubble image to see it in all it's glory.:D

Showing a Hubble image at low resolution should be made illegal ;)

Ah, this is what I've been missing out on, glad my eyes are finally unglued.

It's a work of art Rob as much as anything, great colour, great balance, superb detail, including the unusual stripes on the one end of the core. Just lovely.

Tim

It really is very very good Rob... One question for you - how on earth do you get quite such vivid colours into your galaxy shots??

What short of exposure length/ratio to your luminance frames do you use? Is that the key, or is there another trick? Mine always come out kinda wishy-washy, and I have to do a GaBany colour blend to bring out more and then ramp up the saturation.....

Cheers,

Richie

Thanks again all :)

No....hubble resolution it isn't, but I wouldn't mind a crack at that hubble data ;)

Richie....thanks mate....colour wise, I just throw lots of imaging time at colour, as well as luminance. It gives a much greater depth and allows you to push it if required without quickly running into colour noise issues.

My colour is all shot unbinned also...although it means you need longer exposures, the effect is to make a crisper image.

Cheers

Rob

Archived