SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Canon 1000D Liveview Crosshair

I zoom the liveview to 10x and get roughly in the middle. It's been pretty much spot on everytime so far, planting my target darn close to the centre of the FOV after a goto slew. As for getting a crosshair, I've not seen anything.

• 3 weeks later...

Karlo, what an awesome find.

I was about ready to give in and buy one of those iffy looking Skywatcher illuminated EP's but this has enabled me to stay in the warm now when drift aligning.

Many many many thanks.:);):D:D:hello2:

Al is an active member of the spectroscopy group and has done some excellent work!

The attched screen dump shows the cross wire overlay; it can be enlarged to fit exactly the PHD screen ( you can still use the original PHD bullseye reticle etc underneath) so you can position a target star in X-Y pixel against the crosswire.....

Version V2.1 is a single moveable crosswire.

post-15261-133877446517_thumb.jpg

AlsReticlev21.zip

I zoom the liveview to 10x and get roughly in the middle. It's been pretty much spot on everytime so far, planting my target darn close to the centre of the FOV after a goto slew. As for getting a crosshair, I've not seen anything.

I do the same with my 450D. I zoom in to 10X and centre my target as best i can. It works great.

Archived