Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Volcanic ash cloud over UK

George

Think about it.................................

No internal European flights=NO fresh produce to the supermarkets.

No flights into Europe means NO food imports..............................................

We dont know how long this volcano will continue to mess things up.

This situation is really very much BIGGER then any of us give it credit for.

As of 4 days ago it has closed off most of Europe from the rest of the world.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what about helicopters ?

are they affected the same as planes ?

Nope.

Helicopters and small single/twin engine planes are allowed to fly because their cruising levels are lower then 30,000 Ft.

I have sen Cessna planes and helicopters flying over in the last couple of days.

Think about it.................................

No internal European flights=NO fresh produce to the supermarkets.

No flights into Europe means NO food imports..............................................

Doesn't sound too bad to me.

We would just go back to eating food that was grown in our own country (And support our own economy) and food that was in season.

I don't mind not eating certain 'fresh' foods if they would have to be shipped from around the world.

Doesn't sound too bad to me.

We would just go back to eating food that was grown in our own country (And support our own economy) and food that was in season.

I don't mind not eating certain 'fresh' foods if they would have to be shipped from around the world.

I whole heartedly agree.

Ireland produces tonnes of potatoes every year and we export them to the rest of the world yet we then import potatoes back into Ireland,..................

Talk about wasting money and that is only ONE crop.

I have started growing my own veg and herbs on my garden.

The stuff is now settling, Met office monitoring stations across the country are reporting volcanic dust on the ground.

Today the glass roof of my car was covered with a fine dust, local university have confirmed that this dust is from Iceland.

This afternoon the entire eastern sky was a brownish colour.

Archived