Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first Saturn

Leegsi

Just managed to image Saturn for the first time.

I used:

Unmodded ToUcam

x3 Barlow

Skywatcher 150P on an EQ3-2 mount (Tracked)

Really happy with how it turned out as when I was taking the AVI's it didnt look that good.

Saturn1.jpg

Very good first effort - Saturn is far from easy!

I was taking the AVI's it didnt look that good.

Yeah, you have to have faith in your equipment & technique - that faith takes experience to build up.

What could I do to make it better?

Not sure how much is in the imaging & how much in the processing.

Did you try fiddling with the wavelets in Registax?

You learn best by doing. Write down what you're doing when imaging, then you can check back & find what works & what doesn't. Always bear in mind that what you can't control - the steadiness of the seeing - usually has a big effect; time spent focusing the camera carefully before shooting the AVI is never wasted, but time spent trying to nice images from out of focus AVIs usually is.

Brians right focusing is everything, but it looks good here, you could try a small tube extender for a touch more mag, but your doing good with a 6" Scope already.

Just push higher a touch under good seeing, you might have to slow the exposure down more if you do. Nice icebreaker

Archived