NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn Last Night 120410

tooth_dr

Having worked in the garden all evening, after working all day, I decided I would go for the stress free option and do a bit of visual stuff. I was feeling too tired to start hooking up the camera, focusing, etc, so I had a look at the M44, M3, M81, M82, M51, then Saturn. Saturn was so beautiful I couldn't not image it, so I set the Toucam on the 250px, and took a couple of videos.

Here are the results. Not as impressive as I remember Saturn last year/year before, but I like it! About 800/1500 images. I might reprocess it again, as the seeing looked pretty steady last night. 3x Barlow used, IR/UV filter.

post-15548-133877440099_thumb.jpg

Here are the results. Not as impressive as I remember Saturn last year/year before, but I like it! About 800/1500 images. I might reprocess it again, as the seeing looked pretty steady last night. 3x Barlow used, IR/UV filter.

Yes, I have to agree, Saturn at this apparation is not as good as last year or the one before. I managed to get more colour out of Satrun last year and a larger image. Attemting to image at f40 on the CPC 925 isn't giving as satisfactory results at at f30. I was imaging regularly at F40 last year on my old C925.

For what its worth, this is the best I have got this time around with the Neximage attached to the CPC925GPS and a 2x Skywatcher 2" ED barlow. No evidence of banding and precious little colour despite messing with all the settings in K3CCD Tools and Registax 5!

Taken April 12 2010.

Brinders

post-13640-133877440134_thumb.jpg

Cheers guys.

Yes I used a mono toucam for the L, and a colour toucam for RGB. My filter wheel is about 2mm too thick to get focus. I've already shaved as much off it as I can, so it'll be modding the 1.25" adapter on the scope next, so that I can do 'proper' LRGB imaging.

Archived