Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Excited near Dundee

MikeOram

Well, I went and did it. Ordered a Symax 127 from FLO, and just heard it should be to me on Thursday.

It's been a long time since I've felt this excited over a piece of kit. My wife rolled her eyes, my son is as excited as I am. 'Twas ever thus.

Just off outside to have a look with my binoculars: venus shining brightly over the the red of the setting sun just looks amazing.

Can't wait to get my first telescope in 40 years...

Hi, and welcome to SGL. :D I hope your skies are clear when the scope arrives.

Dont be silly Talitha - you know as well as I do that every new scope comes with its ow cloud collection :)

Welcome to the forum though and I shall wish you clear skies even though I know the weather gods frown on new telescopes :D

Not only do the gods frown - it is of course quite cloudy - but my wife was out when they tried to deliver. So tomorrow will be cloudy as well...

To show my ignorance, will the ash from iceland hinder viewing - or will it add interesting colour effects (not that I'll be able to tell until tomorrow)

Archived