NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Is all well with Pulsar Optical

MartinB

This isn't really a grumble, just wonder what's going on. I recently ordered a Berlebach tripod from them. On the web site it said the item was in stock but I received an email to say that they were awaiting delivery and asking me to phone if I had any queries. No payment appears to have been taken from my credit card.

I have tried to phone them numerous times but there is never any answer, not even an answer phone. Any one had any contact recently?

They, along with scopes n skies are part of astronomy and nature ltd. I had a delivery from scopes n skies last week with no issues. I would assume that if they would all disappear at the same time, if they were in trouble. Have heard lots of people saying that whole group is rubbish when it comes to customer service and replying to email. I suspect they hold almost no stock, and order from elsewhere. Forgetting the part about keeping the customer informed of any delays.

I wouldn't worry about the phone as they hardly ever answer. If you haven't been charged then I shouldn't worry. Don't email them as I can't remember anyone ever getting a response that way.

Just keep an eye on your credit card and phone every so often. Eventually you'll get through. If the item is not in stock I would suggest you cancel your order ASAP. It is one of the areas for which Pulsar are very bad at dealing with. They seem OK if your order is in stock and on desk in front of them.

I always phoned first but being told an items was in stock, the lady went to check, a week later I phoned for an update only to be told there was never any in stock and a few weeks before delivery. Order cancelled and money, which should never have been taken in the first place, was refunded. Last time I will ever use them.

Thanks guys, sounds par for the course then. I rarely had problems getting through when they supplied my dome although I have had a similar experience to the above with S&S. The problem is, they are the only people who seem to supply Berlebach tripods and it will work out a lot cheaper than importing. I had hoped to have one for SGL5 but it isn't the end of the world, so long as I get it eventually. I'll keep phoning.

S&S and Puslar Optical are the same company. I ordered a Berlebach tripod from them recently, as it was shown in stock on the website, only to receive the following message the next day.

"We are currently out of stock of the item you ordered and we currently do not have a delivery date for replacement stock sorry for the inconvenience."

I decided to order a pillar instead from Opticstar which arrived the next day.

John

It's looking like an import from Germany, if I can ever contact Pulsar to cancel the order. Don't want to end up with 2 Berlebach tripods.

Maybe I should email Pulsar telling them that I'm interested in a second 2.7m dome, this time fully automated. I wonder if that would get a speedy response?

It's a shame they feel the need to lie so much over the phone really. They have good kit at good prices and I am tempted to try them again sometimes but Last time it was soooooo much trouble dealing with them that I just can't be bothered with the hassle to save a relatively small sum.

Ahh well.

Don't let them stuff up your arrangements. Send an email to say you are canceling - shown on their website as a valid contact method. Then order away from someone else. If they try to charge you just block the credit card payment, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on*

*Although I am unqualified to give legal advice :)

To be honest, I'd avoid them and cancel your order. I ordered a PST with case (which came with a free solar shade and book) and a pair of half priced binos. Almost 3 weeks later, I'm still waiting for the shade and binos. At first they tried to convince me it was all packaged inside the PST case..., then it was supposed to be in a second parcel (even though it said box 1 of 1 on their label). When I do get through by phone (which is not often), all I get is we'll send another one out and you'll get it tomorrow... I'm off to Kelling this weekend and am tempted to "pop in" on the way and have it out with them...

I too had an order through last week from scopenskies with no problems, i know not the greatest seller but a #21 filter was very cheap! the payment went through straight away and was delivered in two days! a record for them!

I sent them a mail about some astro engineering items last week. (after trying the other reseller, telescope house, who won't ship to Portugal)

I'm still waiting... anyway there's no need for them to reply now has I ordered equivalent accessories from astroshop.eu. Bit more expensive but much faster and they reply in 1/2 business days.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just received my Skymax 127 EQ3-2 from Pulsar Optical and all seems pretty OK with it, although I'm a newbie so who knows...

I paid using PayPal for next day delivery (since they said it was in-stock on the website), but it actually took a week to arrive. After letting the phone ring for a while the lady answered and apologised for her mistake, so i thought that was OK.

Content-wise, it everything is there, except it came with a finder scope instead of a red dot finder, and one of the free offer books is missing (although actually it's a book I've already got). I think the finder scope is about £8 more than the red dot, and that's about the cost of the missing book, so overall it's quits; and their prices saved me about £50 over Optical Vision and local shop prices.

I did wonder about risking it for £50 and after reading this forum maybe next time I'll stick to Sneezums in Bury St Edmunds and pay a little more for a service with a face...

Hope you guys get some luck with your stuff.

Oops; tried my local shop - they're 15% more expensive than Pulsar Optical and group their orders together to save postage; so 2 weeks and dearer... Unfortunately online wins this one...

ordered an antares 2" diagonal from them nearly 3 weeks ago, still not arrived. when i call i have no problems getting through but the lady on the phone seems well practiced at saying "i cant understand why the item hasnt gone out, and i cant ask anyone about it because my colleagues isnt here".

On the brightside I bought a 9mm ortho from a private seller yesterday afternoon, and it arrived this morning. yay!

w

I bought my Berlebach Uni tripod direct from Germany and had it within 2 days.

I've bought a few things from the Astronomy and Nature Centre and had no problems, but if something is out of stock, you need a refund or other complication they can sometimes be trying.

i cant understand why the item hasnt gone out, and i cant ask anyone about it because my colleagues isnt here

That sounds eerily familiar... The Skymax 127 I bought 10 days ago has prompted exactly that response on the couple of occasions I've had to call them about non-delivery. Delays are acceptable and quite commonplace; dishonesty or downright incompetence are not, IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm off to visit the Astronomy and nature showroom itself in June sometime, to have a browse around and a drool at stuff I can't have... I'll report back to this thread with my impressions.

btw I've bought a couple more small items from Pulsar and they arrived very quickly, so I guess they were all in stock.

Archived