NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

greetings from 61° 11.8090'N, 23° 46.1970'E

Mto

Cheers,

It's Finland if you haven't already checked :).

I've been lurking around for some time now and decided confess on using some of the server bandwidth.

I've always been interested in astronomy, but the hobby has been on hold due to life prioritizing things differently than anticipated. Now that my children have grown somewhat and also shown interest in the mysteries of the night sky, I've had a change to get back to my childhood hobby.

I currently own a 60mm F/11,6 refractor and a 130mm F/5 newtonian (with motorized GEM), which I'm using to get back to speed. My main interest lies in DS photography.

Anyway greetings and clear skies to everybody.

Welcome. I was going to suggest a degree of caution - If you see a bunch of UK people expecting to *party* at your location. But the North Sea still provides a degree of protection. [teasing] :p

I used to share a workplace logbook with Finnish folk...

Sadly, I only ever got as far as "Hei" and "Terv"? :)

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Indeed it has been exceptionally cold this winter, long periods of -25C or more, so the observing time has been very limited. You can imagine the problems with the mount drive. Now things are looking better and I'm just waiting for the skies to clear.

Cheers.

Archived