NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Utterly Devastating News

NickH

Dr John Griffiths of the Royal Observatory Greenwich, and GEO observatory in Spain, a good friend and one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet passed away this morning at 10am.

I was with John last week...so this news is more upsetting than one could begin to imagine...

There will be a new star in the sky tonight..rest in peace John and my thoughts are with his family ..

I'm sorry to hear that. I know someone who met John Griffiths last summer and really liked him. It sounds like he'll be missed by more than a few people.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm absolutely stunned! I didn't realise he was a friend of yours Nick. As you know I had the good fortune to meet him on last year's eclipse cruise on the m.v. Costa Classica and he was a really good bloke, one of those you take an instant liking to.

He and his wife Kath shared our dinner table in the restaurant every evening and we had some jolly good chats about all things astro.

Deepest condolences to his wife and family. Very, very sad news.

Archived