Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dual Solar Setup

A McEwan

Hi all,

I'm very plased with this, so thought I'd share. Ages ago I bought a Vixen dual mount plate from a fellow SGL-er, with no idea what to use it for except that "it looked handy".

Then I got a Lunt 60mm hydrogen alpha scope.

Sometime after that I got a Celestron C80ED when they were on clearance, and I already had a Sol-Vu white light filter for my old ED80.

Yesterday I ordered a pair of ADM guide rings so that I could pair the two scopes together on the Vixen plate - and they arrived today! That was amazingly quick - thanks Steve!

I only hope the weather improves now so I can try it all out at Easter and impress visiting relatives.

Ant :(

post-14001-133877436869_thumb.jpg

post-14001-133877436878_thumb.jpg

My solar set-up is very similar.

I have a ED80/ 1000 Oaks filter/ Baader continuum on one side of the dual bar and another ED80 with double stacked SM60/ BF15 on the other side. A webcam on the white light and a DMK21 on the Ha. All that sitting on an HEQ5pro.

Works 100%.

See the images on the recent Bedford imaging day.....

Ken

Ant,

Looks a great solar setup. Both scopes look very nice indeed.

How do you find the Lunt? I've not seen any reviews for them yet or even user feedback. Be great to know what you think.

Regards

Russ

Thats a good looking set up Ant. I have a simular rig, a PST and two scopes I can use with home made Baader solar fllm filters. You will enjoy looking at the sun in White light and Ha, especialy as the sun has become active again. We have had a long spell of NO sunspots.

Enjoy

A viewing session in October where I watched an active region developing in hydrogen alpha and then saw the sunspots beginning to appear in a friend's white-light scope, prompted me to get this setup. It was amazing seeing things changing in real time and being able to view the different results in chromosphere and photosphere in side-by-side scopes!

Archived