Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M51

orionoffelt

I have just got my observatory scope ready for imaging a wedge mounted Celestron 11" CPC and captured 24 x 10 minute subs on Wednesday night with a 400D modded with a UHC-S filter captured in Nebulosity and stacked in DSS and processed in PS I hope this link works on this site

Cheers

Bob

m51 The whirlpool Galaxy on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

hi Bob, thanks for posting your image. Please feel free to use the upload or attachment section of Stargazerslounge to put your pictures up, that way they can be considered in the weekly Pic of the Week roundup.

Cheers

Tim

Thanks for the helpful replies and I am still trying to sort out the flat issue as I use a DSLR and use Nebulosity for image capture it's trying to get them as the ones I have tried have ended up with white vignetting instead of black without flats the FL with a F 6.3 reducer is still 1764 mm so I will have to try and address this problem and will try the advice you have given trying PS

Cheers

Bob

Hi Bob

Yes that is a improvement ;) , but you have not removed the gradients and some vignetting is showing , also it is still to green

I ran your pic through Pixinsight

What do you think ( no perfect but was working on your jpeg)

Harry

post-16736-133877433657_thumb.jpg

Archived