Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Great Hercules Cluster

Beyond_Vision

This was taken last Sunday night duiring the wee hours a total of 2 hours and 5 minutes of exposure.

Taken with an 8" Altair Astro F4 Astrograph Newt and QHY8 CDD fitted with a Baader MPCC and Neodymium Filter.

Guided with a WO 66SD and DSI CCD on a Orion Sirius Mount with EQMod.

Processed with DSS and Pix Insight LE and Photoshop.

The galaxy to the bottom left corner is NGC6207 and 2/3rds of the way between it and M13 is IC4617. I think there are some more faint fuzzies to the middle left of the picture to the right of the bright golden star but haven't been able to identify them.

beyondvision-albums-deep-sky-picture4386-m13-great-hercules-cluster-8-astrograph-newt-f4-qhy8-ccd-exposure-25-x-5-mins.jpg

Regards

Kevin

Really nice widefield view of M13, personally I might have processed for a slightly stronger blue but that is just personal choice.

There is a small galaxy at about 4 o' clock to SAO 65484 (orange star in the left of the image) that I am pretty sure is

PGC 2088997

Magnitude: 16.3

RA: 16h 41m 47s Dec: +36°52'25"

Cheers

Derrick

And there is the beauty of a fast OTA, all those extra stars really start to stand out. WHat sub length did you use Kevin? You will get very interesting results on this by breaking convention and using relatively long subs, say 10 mins.

Cracking shot, love the colours.

Thanks all for your comments.

And there is the beauty of a fast OTA, all those extra stars really start to stand out. WHat sub length did you use Kevin? You will get very interesting results on this by breaking convention and using relatively long subs, say 10 mins.

Cracking shot, love the colours.

It was 25 x 5min subs ;)

Top left has coma, and bottom right doesn't? Strange. But the cluser is very nice :)

The cluster wasn't centrally placed and I was running late so didn't bother centring it. The image is a cropped although the uncropped image shows this to some effect. I havent optimised the spacing yet and there also may have been some skew in the CCD.

Regards

Kevin

Really nice widefield view of M13, personally I might have processed for a slightly stronger blue but that is just personal choice.

There is a small galaxy at about 4 o' clock to SAO 65484 (orange star in the left of the image) that I am pretty sure is

PGC 2088997

Magnitude: 16.3

RA: 16h 41m 47s Dec: +36°52'25"

Cheers

Derrick

Thanks for the reference number ;)

Regards

Kevin

Archived