Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

7 image Mars sequence

neil phillips

Thought it was about time i tried to do a sequence out of all the usable shots i got on the 17th feb, which had good seeing for me. What a headache putting this together, Sometimes these sequences aint easy, with so many many things to do, 7 stacks, 7 noise reductions, 7 sharpenings, 7 light adjustments, and on and on lol. Done in registax for a change, Im happy with the colour on these, caps look fairly neautral i think. About 1800 frames per image, first 7 are 100% size, second 6 are 150% resize, I resisted over sharpening on the resized 6, to keep artifacts to a min.

Man ive had it for a bit

4427150843_850a1d5733_o.png

4427917570_682319eb40_o.png

Nice set Neil I'd be happy with any one of them let alone going through the effort to produce 7 ;)

Maybe a little bit more time between each sequence would have shown up the rotation a bit more and could have been "animated" ?

I'm still in DSO mode but look at that orange "star" in the sky each night...The "yellow" ones putting in an appearance as well now...

Peter...

Peter...

Cheers all,

Ive proved it Steve yep it has rotation,

Sometimes just have have to process what we have Peter yes would like more rotation sequences spread out, but i just didnt catch enough that night,

Micheal, Kens spc did better than i had expected too, I thought i could do ok with it from the outset and told Ken this early on, but it did exceed my expectations quite a bit, on a couple of nights. Couldnt have asked for more really. Will be saying bye to this little dynamo, on the 16th, as im sending it back to Ken. Hoping to get a DBK running real soon. if the spc had 30 fps uncompressed, it would in effect be as good as a DBK, But i loved using this camera i really did, it was a joy to image with. Its clear its a great budget choice.

Soon the lifecam on the moon, ahhhh the lifecam, new target new project same expectations, we shall see guys, But im excited to hope for some good lunar shows in the not to distant future, i suspect the lifecam is going to do better on the moon, for reasons ive discussed elsewhere. i think that might be its strength, and i intend to find out

stay tuned for what this new webcam can do in colour on the moon

Archived