Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars 18th Sept 2005

russ

Out again this morning from 4.30am. Not as good as yesterday. A very hazy moon this time and the air was nowhere near as stable. I would say a 5/10 this time.

This is the first movie i've processed today. Fully auto with Registax and then a tweak in Photoshop.

image.jpg

Russ

Oh i forgot to say, the polar cap is tiny now. But the surface markings are a sight to behold visually in the scope.

Well worth the effort to get up at 5am if you can. You'll get a much better view of Mars at this time rather than hanging on until midnight or even 1am.

Russ

Oh i forgot to say, the polar cap is tiny now. But the surface markings are a sight to behold visually in the scope.

I have noticed that aswell Russ, one thing though depending on which part of mars is facing us the Polar cap can be seen to grow at least from my observing over the past few weeks i have been out. Have you or anyone else noticed this?

James :sunny:

I was at a presentation a couple of weeks ago and the guy was talking about Mars, he was saying, that as our winter comes on, the Marsian summer arrives and so as time goes by the polar cap melts to a very small area then grows again as the marsian winter arrives. At least I think that's what he said...

Archived