Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Omega Centauri Globular Cluster

moondog

Thanks for the comments guys.

OC is certainly a whopper - slightly larger than the full moon visually. As it's rotating pretty quickly the shape is slightly out-of-round. You can also see the stars to the core - unlike the second largest glob in the sky 47 Tucanae. This isn't well placed for me at the moment but I'll give it a go when it is.

John

Well this old North versus South thing often centres on a few objects and, much as I love M13 - you win!!!! This really does NOT look like it was shot with only 66 mm of aperture. I was thinking it was taken with something much, much larger.

Goodon'yer, Moondog.

Olly

Olly - the little WO certainly tries it's best to keep up with the big boys, doesn't it?

I want to try OC with the C8 @ F6.3 and the DSLR and see if I can improve on the ZS66 image. It's half the arcsec/pix so I should get better resolution - and more stars!

John

• 5 months later...

Archived