Practical Astronomy Magazine

TheThing

nice one The Thing - a pleasant read:)

you have twins? I have twins:)

Sadly, that's a joke as well - 3 things you'd save from a fire...one of the twins? Ricky Gervais writes a lot of my material!

Twins do run in my wife's family, so you never know...

I think that you have to be a very lucky and special person to be blessed with twins.

Sadly, that's a joke as well - 3 things you'd save from a fire...one of the twins? Ricky Gervais writes a lot of my material!

Twins do run in my wife's family, so you never know...

I think that you have to be a very lucky and special person to be blessed with twins.

oops, sorry - must remember to switch on sense of humour chip before I leave house tomorrow :(:)

Looks a good read.

I had a quick look at the afocal imaging section and I have to say that I don't agree with his method entirely.

Cheers

Ian

I really am sorry you don't like it Ian.

All I can say in defence is that that method is what works for me.

I meant the article to be simply a means to rouse peoples interest and get them started. It is certainly not definitive.

As digital cameras vary so much I always recommend starting in that way and then just experimenting with practice.

Luke

I'd love to know where they got those adapters for the fuji finepix cam. I have an S7000 that i'd love to mount.

Just did a quick google and SCS astro seem to still have stock of the Digi t adapter rings. (this is the ring which puts a 46mm thread onto the eyepiece and fits where the rubber eye guard usually is)

The ring to attach this to your camera is simply available from any camera shop. I'm not sure what thread size your camera will have. If your not sure take the digi T and camera into the shop with you.

They cost about a fiver.

Hope this helps. feel free to PM me with any queries!

Luke

Thanks, that does help somewhat. I already have a lens adapter for the fuji that takes the 55mm ring on the camera down to 52mm (i think) just at the tip of the lens.

I'll have to have a look through the stock they have left to see if any of them provide for a 52mm lens. If they do then i'll definitely order one. I can't really afford to shell out until mid march though :)

Cheers!

John

EDIT: Hmm... on second glance the T adapter is only 20 quid and there seem to be 52mm to 46mm step down adapters all over the internet. Thanks a lot dude, given me a great lead!

oops, sorry - must remember to switch on sense of humour chip before I leave house tomorrow :(:)

No worries. SWMBO always says my 'sense of humour' is an aquired taste. 13 years later, she's still doesn't get it. Either that, or I'm not as funny as I think I am!

Another cracking edition this month, with some really useful, informative articles. I'd suggest subscribing if you don't already (and I'm not even on comission!)

Archived