NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Atik 383L+

FLO

I hear it is component costs, which is sad, as they do generally get it bang on. This one though , as with the initial Titan marketing (which was laughable in its comparison with DSLR's) is wide....9 positions or not, it's £100 more than the ASCOM compliant SX one, ASCOM meaning easily scriptable from Nebulosity, and also £50 + more than the orion model even, which is also buss powered. This additional 12V requirement means that you have to buy a psu on top..

all adds up

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Atik 383L camera is shipping again :)

They will initially be in short supply so Atik are giving priority to dealers with firm orders, rather than those wanting to keep them on their shelves.

A number of you have asked to be notified when the camera becomes available. I shall be emailing/phoning tomorrow but if you see this and are still interested please contact us asap.

HTH,

Steve

• 2 months later...

Yes, kinda...

We recieved a small quantity of Atik 383L this month but only enougth to cover backorders. Atik freely admit they underestimated the popularity of this model, they even asked dealers a while back to not accept new orders for 383 cameras as the backorder situation was getting out of hand. However, we have been promised at least two Atik 383L over the next 2-4 weeks.

If you would like us to reserve one please contact us.

Atik are confident they will be able to ramp up production in time for the next season so the situation will improve.

HTH,

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

What's the situation this month? I'm wondering what CCD to buy (Atik, Starlight Xpress and SBIG are the current favourites, with QSI a rank outsider [on price] and QHY crossed off my list [on support]), and availablity might swing the decision.

Well Well, After our conversation Steve, do you envisage another supply of those arriving Mid April??, with 2" filters the 383L+ is a worthy replacement for a DSLR ! :(

It be a nice comparison next to a QHY9 on an MN190 :):D

Nadeem

• 3 weeks later...

Damn you, FLO, tempting me with these magical things *shakes fist*

I'm still going to get one of these, but what with domes and piers and decks and things, the camera has taken a back seat for a while.

Might be able to order one in a couple of months time.

*stops shaking fist and crosses fingers*

Archived