SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Atik 383L+

FLO

I take that to mean from $1 per day to $1.50 :)

you would move for a 50% wage rise :D

Another serious point though is the lack of shipping space, many ships have been mothballed or are sailing at a much reduced speed, container loads now cost 3x the price late last year if you can get one! Of course you can fly stuff around but that is very expensive.

I read today China now holds a virtual monopoly on 17 rare metals used in the electronics industry and I know that printed circuit board laminate has risen by 50% in 3 months, that will mean an increase in electronic equipment prices.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I just recieved a 383L+ from Ian King. I tested the cam, and FWIW here are my results. The cam is a joy to use, and I'm impressed with its dew control. However noise measurements were slightly higher than expected and the maxim plugin has a bug. The gain in bin2x2 is a little high, I think.

Use this link

http://webdisk.tdconline.dk/n/50-17/share/LNK29904c64621b945dc/

Click in the checkbox at the file atik_rapport.pdf, then on "gem på pc", and you should be able to download the report

Good report, but for your info, the shutter closed is not suitable for proper darks, as there is still light leakage. You do need to cap off the end still

Dew control was excellent, and given the very exposed nature of the camera electronics, in the conditions you describe, which were very high, quite remarkable!

Good report, but for your info, the shutter closed is not suitable for proper darks, as there is still light leakage. You do need to cap off the end still

This explains why I can't get darks. Doh

Thanks for the tip

To shed some light on these delays, ever since the credit crunch, manufacturers of electronic components and allied parts in the far east have cut production and there hasn't been an upturn in production of these to match the fairly quick upturn in demand for user end products, in fact some chinese companies haven't been able to reopen after the chinese new year, workers traditionally return to their homes which may be hundreds of miles away never to return, plus there is a lot of poaching going on out there, skilled workers being offered higher paid jobs elsewhere.

Anyway the company I work for has found lead times for components has gone for typically 3 to now 12 weeks and rising!

So just a thought

Imaging Source Cameras freely admit they are having difficulty sourcing components, there is a waiting time of several weeks for their 41 series cameras. Hotech laser collimators also mention similar problems, though they seem to be back up to speed now. Starlight Xpress aren't saying anything but waiting times of several weeks is not unusual for them as they generally manufacture to order.

Atik have confirmed that they have temporarily ceased production of the 383L+ due to difficulties obtaining one of the components. This sent to UK Atik dealers today:

------------------------------------

"I am afraid we are facing supply issues with a component of the 383. Despite a huge effort to find suitable components we are facing a re-design of the circuit board to accommodate an alternative part. At the moment we cannot say when the 383 will become available again but all going well suspect it will at least 3 months.

I understand your frustration with the situation so far but we feel it best to stop all orders of this camera until further notice.

This was not an easy decision for us but we have run out of alternatives. Please accept our sincerest apologies and know that we are doing what we can to work through this situation as quickly as we can."

------------------------------------

Fortunately we still have one unopened Atik 383L+ available for overnight delivery :D

We also have good stocks of the Atik 314L+ and Atik 16ic cameras, and a small number of Atik Titan.

Edit: Our last Atik 383L+ has sold. We'll update this thread as soon as they become available again.

Steve

Well.."will" read "may"

it would swing my choice if it's more than say £30...as I have Neb2, and scripting it is a simple job, and that combo will support dithering with PHD... so ...erm, yes, I think I have talked myself into it..

:-)

I've just bought a second hand True Tech for almost half that price, changing filters without disconnecting it all is a huge bonus

I'm amazed at the price of the EFW2, they had played it spot on with the 383 but have missed the mark with the filter wheel

Archived