NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Gloucester

RikM

Hi All,

just a quick word to introduce myself.

I'm Rik (37) originally from Exeter but now living on the outskirts of Gloucester. My secret identity is being a development scientist for a biotech lab equipment manufacturer.

I've had an interest in stargazing and general spacey stuff since being given a 60 mm refractor for my 10th birthday (now many many years ago) but could never really get a decent view with it.

My interest was rekindled by a visit to the planetarium show at @Bristol a couple of years ago with my kids. I got a pair of binoculars and have been steadily learning my way round the sky. A couple of weeks ago I got a SW Explorer 150P from the guys at FLO (big thanks!) and I have spent every clear night since in the back garden glued to the eyepiece. Fab.

I would love to get in touch with other local stargazers.

ATB,

Rik

Hi Rik - welcome to SGL. I'm based accross the M5 not far from you in Cheltenham (well, a small country village nearby actually). You might like to hook into a chap called Beyond Vision - Kev - he's a local and also has a great knowledge of what to expect from where.

I'd be entirely happy to share a cuppa / beer at yours or mine at any stage in the future when (ho hum) the skies are not full of clag.

PLease pm me for more details and I'll happily respond

Cheers

Steve

Good evening Rik,

Like you I am a newcomer to this forum and astronomy although I had a strong interest when younger....much younger. I also have the Skywatcher 150P that I received last week from FLO (excellent service thank you) but I haven't yet had clear skies to put the scope to the the test....can't wait

I am 5 miles East of Hereford by the way.

Archived