NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

CARP M31 GALAXY, I DONT DO GALAXIES

CELESCOPE

OK know my mistake or at least i think so . but anyway this is my first serious attempt at this easy but hard Galaxy , if ya know what i mean , used the CLS Filter , always liked it before with the 2HS

but for some reason it dont like the Atik 16hr , kept getting dark Halo,s arond the stars , next time i will just use the IR BLOCKER .just in case its all down to the filter,

the core needed some work used the DDP in Maxim, to take out the harsh centre , two combined images would solve that i know , to lazy hehehe .

not many subs just 21 at 45 secs , prob needs more , well it does need more , but run out of time last night , oh well here it is anyway ,

Rog

Ok, but just this once. :laugh:

On a tour of Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama, we went inside a large solar telescope with a magnetograph on the back. The scope was in a very large, squarish building with a rolloff roof. We had to climb several flights of stairs to get up and down. It was massive. The funny thing was, on the ground next to it was a small, vanilla dome, not much bigger than mine. The door was locked, so I asked Jerry Fishman what was in there? He said, "Oh, that's a little 5" refractor with a hydrogen alpha filter on it from the University of Colorado that's on loan. We don't use it much. I guess we should probably return it sometime." Of course, I chimed right in and suggested I could transport it back there for them, since I live right in the neighborhood. I'd have to set it up and check it out, just to be sure NASA hadn't damaged it or anything, of course. Shouldn't take any more than a year or so, for the full evaluation. He said, "That's very kind of you to offer. I'll get right on that." I wonder why I haven't heard from him....?

Hey Rog,

I've tried this object more than once...Your version is very good...It's hard to get the outside detail without burning out the core...It's a tricky one for sure. I think you've done a excellent go at it...I know you'll master M31.

Doug

Rog, I have spent a couple of nights on this devil and my results have been so bad I haven't posted on here. I think I was over exposing the subs to try to bring out the detail but reckon the trick, as usual is more subs. You've got a nicely balanced image there, just needs more subs to bring out the arms. The FOV is paying you dividends :laugh:

Cheers Martin ,yup it sure is a devil, like many galaxies , , but i found that the ddp in maxim helped alot for the core providing you set the fft cut out at the right level, that brings the core down a lot, then go to blur in PS to soften it, i spent a lot of time on this image in the process department lol, like u i was not going to submit it on here , but at least i thought it would be a bench mark for us all to have a go at ,

Cheers #

Rog

Archived