Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

LOLZ- My New AZ4 Mount Has Arrived But.....

Amazingly my new Skywatcher AZ4 Stainless Steel tripod arrived yesterday morning after I only ordered it from Harrison Telescopes Friday afternoon (so hats off to Harrison for such a speedy delivery).

So as soon as I walked in from work, before I had even taken my coat off, I was getting my new baby out for a look. And surprisingly I had found I'd been generously supplied with a screwdriver and a spanner which for some reason set me off into fits of giggles (had a stressful day at work yesterday, thats my excuse).

And then, as I spread the legs out and got the other bits and pieces out of the box, it suddenly dawned on me, I DIDN'T HAVE ANY INSTRUCTIONS!!!! LOLZ :)

Can someone help me, this is a girl who cant put up a shelf straight even with a spirit level!!!!

Many Thanks

A Damsel In Distress

XxX

Can someone help me, this is a girl who cant put up a shelf straight even with a spirit level!!!!

Dont panic, there are alot of men who cant do that either......:)

As for your mount, sorry cant help, never seen one of them.

Good luck though.

I read your post and am afraid I have a dirty mind so please excuse me for that. I also got my "baby" from Harrisons and they have been very good in their followup advice, well done them. If your mount is as heavy as mine you will have nice muscles by the end of the week :). Well done and hope you got it erected okay.

Jim

just tried that link rob, and after installing the adobe reader off the page, I found they were jus reviews and stuff. put into google- how to put a skywatcher AZ 4 mount together, and it came up with just various skywatcher scopes for sale.....:) this is just soooo unfair! ;) Natalie does not think this is amusing anymore......

Hi Nat,

Follow this link and download the manual for the EQ5. The EQ5 has the same tripod fittings. That gets you 50% of the way there. It should then just be a case of putting the AZ4 head onto the tripod and screwing it in place with the central bolt as shown in the EQ5 manual.

SkyWatcherUSA.com - Powered By Kayako SupportSuite

Russ

hey john, well the pics in the Orion assembly instructions looks like the same product but I've got an L-shaped bit that isn't in the pictures in that link. The bottom of this L shaped part looks like a dovetail bar, with the grooves going down the length of it. And up the vertical bit of the "L" is a knob that slides up and down (no innuendoes please guys....), so I'm thinking I'll just wait to hear back from Skywatcher.... So its yet another setback for me....... :)

ah wicked room16!!!! thanks SOOOO much!!!!! thats exactly what i needed, between that and the link jahmanson gave me, I think I can figure it out. thanks a lot, my tripod worries now over, thanks to everyone helping me out on here- if I had the money, I'd send everyone a box of quality street. ah at last, I can relax tonight and begin to enjoy my day off.

cheers guys

natty

xxx

No worries doll, skywatcher site has most the manuals for it's products in the support downloads section. Easy to miss if you aint used to searching for manuals and guides online.

Happy Chilling and hope you get the chance to get gazing sometime soon :)

Chris.

Archived