NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

which scope

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:D :D :D :D

Have you had a look at the Takahashi Mewlons Jonny. A nice introduction to catadioptric scopes. Alternatively Meade offer a range of budget Richey Cretiens if you are interested in imaging.

cheers. I No what you mean martinb about the bug, just won that starlight svx h9 off ebay could not resist. do i need focal reducers for the ed100 and meade 10" if so which one should i get i already have 0.5. i will not get the LRGB filter wheel yet i shall concentrate on the monochrome shots. hopefully i will get some kind of result.

What 0.5 reducer have you got Jon. If it is the Atik it will vignette with the SXV. You may be able to get away with the Celestron 0.63 (but that is for the SCT only) but the best option is the Astro Physics 0.67. This is currently $148 which is cheaper than the celestron (and better). It can be used with either scope and greater compression can be achieved using Baader T2 adaptors also available from the AP site.

:shock:You are going at a rate of knots Jon and could get yourself tangled up on the learning curve. Good move to stick with mono for now I think. I am currently waiting delivery of an identical camera to use with an NS8 and ED80. My brain is spinning with the things I need to sort out:

Piggy back set up

Guiding

Drift alignment

Periodic error correction

Weight calibration

Flats and bias frames

Software for control of scope and camera (apparently the SXV stuff is pretty clumsy) - looking like Maxim but Astro Art an option

Getting to grips with the software

Improving focussing using software tools

Improving processing skills

Good luck. You did well picking up that SXV on ebay. Looking forward to seeing your results!!

it is an atik Martin. Well as soon as i get a clear night Gordon i shall be out there all set up and numb trying to find out which end i look through the scope and my little lad burying my ccd in the soil, look forwad to it.

:wink::p :p :p

Alternatively Meade offer a range of budget Richey Cretiens if you are interested in imaging.

How budget do they get? I can only find the LX200R and they're not giving them away. The RCX400 is even more money.

Captain Chaos

For a while I was thinking Jonny's wallet might know no limits :laugh:

i soon will no the limit when the wife finds out. i might be posting an image on here soon not of the stars but of myself wearing the gear round my neck. oh well i might get the best photo of the year and it could be an advert on what not to do behind the wifes back. lol

Yesterday i went to leicester and bought a meade 10" tube only for 425.00 i think thats a good price. now i am complete thats me done buying, now i have got to make it all work and its doing my head in because of the bad weather.

Archived