Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M44 - The Beehive Cluster *Unguided*

Deneb

Hi

Taken around a week ago, this was 1st light with the EQ6 Pro around 2am, with a rough polar alignment, before it started lowering in the west. Two images one with Spikes Added, taken with a C80ED. 25x 1min Subs, 10x flats & 10x Bias.

Cheers

Nadeem

Nice astro photo Nadeem of M44. I am impressed because it was unguided and I assume it was with your Canon DSLR with the CLS filter attached. What ISO did you use for the picture?

Nadeem I have just looked at your website. All I can say is very well done. I have been frustrated with my Celestron CG5 mount which will not track for astro photos beyond 2 minutes. You have given me hope so thanks very much. Enjoyable website.

Mark

Nice astro photo Nadeem of M44. I am impressed because it was unguided and I assume it was with your Canon DSLR with the CLS filter attached. What ISO did you use for the picture?

Nadeem I have just looked at your website. All I can say is very well done. I have been frustrated with my Celestron CG5 mount which will not track for astro photos beyond 2 minutes. You have given me hope so thanks very much. Enjoyable website.

Mark

Thanks people, you all very kind. Mark - I used ISO 1600 for this pic, do not get fustrated with your CG5 mount, just hang in there. The most valuable advice I can give:

Get your polar alignment best as possible, Level your mount, balance your equipment as best as you can, last but most important of all - Have patience and keep on trying.

Cheers

Nadeem.

Okay okay Nadeem, you have just become the Emperer of Unguided Images! (Previously you were merely the King...)

Lovely shot.

Olly

Thanks Olly, But I'm looking to do a re-edit of the pic, as I feel there's some more data in that image, some more colour balance, i'll have another bash at the processing in a few days.

Cheers

Nadeem.

Thanks Nadeem it is very reassuring to see what you have achieved with your setup. My CG5 is a good visual eq mount but I was frustrated to know that I could not take long exposure astro photos. Your website has given me a new outlook and I appreciate your added comments.

I also have a WO SD66 frac and I note that you have a 0.8x FF. Does this screw into the back of the frac or do I need a 2" SCT adapter? Is it a good improvement?

Sorry for the questions but I am impressed what can be done in your LP skies in London as I live in a dark site in Hereford a few miles from SGL5 location.

Regards

Mark

Archived