Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

South West Astronomy Fair Saturday 12th August

Greg

Anyone from the South West going....I am, so we could meet up for a chat ....

I'll be wearing a red rose in my button hole and have a copy of the Daily Mail under my right arm!

It's being held here..

http://southwestastronomy.iseestars.net/

I'll probably do the "Photographing the night sky" Lecture.

Would be nice to meet up with the some of the South West bunch.

Greg

Tried to attend. Headed out from Poole at 11.30am, got as far as Dorchester on the A35, slow, heavy traffic, mobs of 'caravaners' on the rampage. Engine started to overheat, u-turned, now back in Poole.......just another Saturday !!

i look forward to reading the reports

Skiver, I feel for you mate!

I left Bristol.... late... 11am, arrived at 1pm! Traffice was a nightmare!!

Was quite a turnout! Had a wounder round, pictures and even got to see sun spots... through the clouds :D

image.jpg

image.jpg

Didn't get to say hi as had a call & had to shoot off home.

Was still a good day. Sorry if I missed anyone.

James

P.S. I was the smooth looking dude with glasses 8).... no tash or funny nose! :D

Glad you took some pics as I had my camera phone with me and errrrr....forgot to take any pics.

I got there for 10am Met up with Andrew, had a walk round and a coffee, did the planetarium show (Very good). Then went and did a astro photogrphy lecture.(Exceptionally good!!)

Greg

The astrophtography one was very interesting but aimed at the total beginner. That Nick bloke can't half take some pics!!

I had a chat with him after the lecture, I never thought about just puting my DSLR on a standard tripod and taking pics, of all the mega bucks equipment this blokes got some of the best pics he's taken are with a slr film camera and a tripod in the back garden of his home in Essex!!

So that's what I had a go at tonight!!

Archived