Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello

Springer88

Hi I'm new live in hampshire and have decided to buy a scope as I love looking at the night sky. I have what I can only describe as a child scope (I think I got given it). After some reserch I think I would like a Skywatcher Explorer-150P (EQ3-2) Telescope (912/448). The first question I would like to ask is is to heavy to move from place to place? And secondly I have found it for £230 does this deal have evey thing I need to get started as I think I understand the basics but not alot else. Sorry for the long post and thankyou for any help.

Topaz

Product Details

EXPLORER-150P (EQ3-2)150MM (6") F/750 Parabolic Newtonian Reflector

SPECIFICATIONS;-

TelescopeMagnifications (with eyepieces supplied): x30, x60, x75, x150

Highest Practical Power (potential):x300

Diameter of Primary Mirror: 150mm

Telescope Focal Length: 750mm (f/5)

Tube assembly available separately

Supplied complete with 10mm & 25mm eyepieces

6x30 finderscope

x2 Barlow lens 1.25" (with camera adaptor)

Parabolic Primary Mirror

0.5mm Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports

Direct SLR Camera Connection

EQ3-2 Deluxe Equatorial Mount

Built in Polar Alignment Scope Holder

Aluminium Tripod with Accessory Tray

33% more Light Gathering than 130mm

Tube rings and dovetail mounting bar

Hi and welcome to SGL :)

It's a great scope and under good skies will enable you to see lot of stuff. It comes with a two eyepieces and a barlow and gives you the stated magnifications. My advice would be to start out with these eyepieces and see how you go, if you get addicted to this hobby, maybe buy a few better wuality ones.

To find your way around you will need an star atlas or a free software program like Stellarium, and a red torch is also useful.

Hi...... All i can say is...... you have come to the right place!! Ive only just joined, had some questions i needed to ask and been given loads of help and advice!! took me a while to navigate around, but got there in the end!! "Clear Skies" my friend.

Hi Topaz,

Its as good a a bit of kit as you can buy in that price range. Harpers hmmm ? In Woking I wonder ? I bought my first serious camera from them waaaaaaaay back in about 72 - a Zenith 'E' and later an Olympus-OM1

Anyway - hi from me too and welcome :)

Hi Topaz, a great scope to start with, you should get some impressive views. (If the snow, fog, rain sleet and cloud clear!):)

Its a well known fact that buying new kit causes cloud to roll in and there are rumours on the forum that someone has purchased a monster refractor and are naturally keeping quite about it;)

You know who you are!!!

Warm welcome from me Topaz (sorry for the ramble I'm going stir crazy!!!)

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Archived