SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi Everyone - just joined the forum

Steve_Max127

Hi everyone :)

I'm new to the forum and new to Astronomy through a telescope, used to navigate by the stars many years ago (pre Sat Nav) showing my age now.

Just ordered my first scope and awaiting its arrival, SkyMax 127 SynScan AZ Goto scope. Seems a good starting place from the reviews I have read, told the eyepieces is not up to much so I'm going to order a Baader Hyperion 8-24mm Zoom for starters any comments welcome.

I thought the Goto scope would be a good place to start and see a few sights to get my interest going to see if I take to the hobby, already got my eye on one of the big Lightbridge scopes but one step at a time. I live in a semi rural location with good open views of the N, S and west sky can view the east without too much difficulty and not many street lights round here mostly open fields.

I have seen many beautiful photos of the night sky and would love one day to take a few of my own, will be seeking lots of advice later.

Looking forward to been part of the forum.

All the best and Happy new Year to you all.

All the best

Steve

Archived