NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Gaz's monthly S@N magazine verdict.

GazOC

I know how much you all look forward to this, so here goes... :D

This months mag is a much needed return to form, good articles (the Martian "life" meteorite and how blackholes form at the centre of galaxies are esp. good). Pete L (Starman) has done a DSLR shootout which I am in no way qualified to comment on! Theres plenty going on astronomically in August so the pull-out and connected pieces are invaluable, one of the best pull-outs since the mag started IMO.

The only big downside (again) is two pages wasted on a lightweight "preview" of the Skymax 80 Mak-Cass. They need to knock those previews on the head IMO.

The coverdisk has DeepSky Planner software, a S@N episode and the special "Sun" docu that was on BBC4 a while back (very handy as I missed it!

But all in all a lot better than it's been over the last 2-3 months.

Might just have to buy this one, still doubtful for the future.

Must improve my French, seen some good looking mags on the shelves over there. :D

naz. :D :D :D

Might just have to buy this one, still doubtful for the future.

Must improve my French, seen some good looking mags on the shelves over there. :D

naz. :D :D :D

I'm not sure you have to be able to read them. You can get quite a bit of enjoyment just looking at the pictures. My son brought home a French pottery magazine, and quite enjoyed it, although he didn't ask me to translate it for him. I'm sure it was pottery - he kept saying, "Wow! Look at those jugs!" :insects1:

The coverdisk has .... the special "Sun" docu that was on BBC4 a while back (very handy as I missed it!)

I missed it too (don't get digital). Thanks for the heads-up :D

<edit> It'll make a good primer before tackling Astromans talk...

The Planner software looks to be quite useful - on my first attempt, I have managed to produce a list of M objects that are visible from Kelling Heath in the best order to view them!!!!

I'm just about to settle down with a 'lemonade' and read the articles.

Thanks Reviewer Gaz!!

Archived