Thanks Telescope House

Starman

A big thank you to Telescope House for helping me overcome a small problem concerning a burnt finder. Tired on the night of the 18/19, I covered my LX200's main tube but left the finder open. Leaving the scope in it's active position but having turned the drive off, I went to bed without realising I'd pointed the scope quite close to where the Sun would pass a few hours later - ouch!

A quick email to TH and a replacement unit was in the post 5 minutes later. Excellent service.

Glad to hear Telescope house sorted you out.

I had great service from them when I purchased my 10" Dob from them.

One of the spider vanes on the secondary was bent and when I contacted them

about it their service was superb.

They sent me out another scope before the original had even been uplifted from me

and then arranged for a courier to pick up the original one at a time that was convenient to me.

Cheers, Bob.

Nice to hear you got well looked after and are back in business. Don't like the thought of leaving the scope out though - mine sleeps in the living room.

Hope nothing else got burned. Heard of a chap watching the sun with full aperture filter on scope but forgot to cap up his finder - burned a nice hole in the hair on the side of his head! Thought that sort of thing was a bit of an astronomers urban myth but he swore it was true. Bet it made him jump a bit (-;

Archived