NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Horsehead and Flame

Tom OD

Hi All,

Happy christmas! Here is my Horsehead and Flame. This one was taken from Dublin, and Wicklow in Ireland. I also throw in 90mins of Ha that I had from Les Granges while on my last trip.

Its nice to get a pic from home though for a change. I went to a dark site in Wicklow 6 times in order to finish this image. 2 nights which should have been clear, clouded out. One night condensation on the ccd glass, and under the chip finished me off after one sub.

Finally last night I got some L for it.

This is 120mins of L, R, G and B, with 350mins of Ha. Taken with the Tak FSQ106, and Atk 4 Meg ccd, kindly donated by a friend for a while as he has just sold his mount, and the camera is sitting around gathering down time.

Thanks Tom.

post-17334-133877415886_thumb.jpg

Superb image mate. Never grow tired of this area of the sky and you have done it proud. Well worth it and amazing commitment and effort.

I too am amazed at the pictures appearing on this site. Even since I joined in May, the quality has just got better and better.

It's obviously the 90 mins from Les Granges that makes it!!!

No, lovely result, Tom. Deep colours, the usual smoothness, a conservative use of Ha...

And then there's Alnitak. Wot no supernova impression? Very nicely done indeed.

In fact it is downright superb.

Olly

Wonderful work this. You reap the reward for having put in the time on this beautiful Image.

This portion of Orion is about as popular as the Great Nebula itself, and it's easy to see why.

This deserves High recognition Tom.

Ron.:D

Archived