Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

lat and long

hi all

does anyone know any accurate and up to date lat and long sites...been searching arround cant seem to get a map with our street the site is fairly new about three years old...this info is for synscan i did manage to find one site with hopefully the correct info..it says.. lat n57 42 03..long w4 14 12 i just want to cross reference to see if correct

also in sw manual(127 skymax) the co ordinates seem to be in a different way (back to front) what is the proper way to enter co ordinates.Wishing you all a happy festive season

regards chazbear

You can also use this site which is hughly accurate and combine google maps with a placeable arrow - e.g. it will differentiate between front and back garden of your house. It's used mostly for sattelite finding and setting up TV dishes. I used it to find co-ords for my pitch at the Kelling Autumn Equinox party this year.

Lat - Long Finder: This page helps you find Latitude and Longitude

hi all

does anyone know any accurate and up to date lat and long sites...been searching arround cant seem to get a map with our street the site is fairly new about three years old...this info is for synscan i did manage to find one site with hopefully the correct info..it says.. lat n57 42 03..long w4 14 12 i just want to cross reference to see if correct

also in sw manual(127 skymax) the co ordinates seem to be in a different way (back to front) what is the proper way to enter co ordinates.Wishing you all a happy festive season

regards chazbear

You can enter your postcode in Multimap and this will give you your lat. and lon. The co-ordindates are inputted into the handcontrol the opposite way round ie longitude then latitude, ignoring the seconds, just degrees and minutes.

Peter

Hi, we've got a synscan skymax 127 and used it first time last week, all worked fine - hope what we did helps.......

We followed the manual for instructions on putting in Long & Lat co-ords and it worked fine. Just noticed though that in your post you've listed three sets of numbers for each co-ordinate ; degrees, minutes and seconds. The manual only lists two sets (ie degrees & minutes) as necessary, it could be that if you're trying to put in the seconds as well then it may not recognise the extra set of digits as co-ords.

For example, our co-ord for Long is 1° 28' W, in putting this in the synscan handset we had to put 0 before the 1 and then we put in 28 and then W.

Sorry can't help with a web site for your co-ords - we read ours off an OS map (low tech I know but as walkers we had it to hand and found it easier to read the map than try and get them off the web ! :D )

Hope this helps.

Archived