Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello all and some waffle :)

solarwallace

Hi all. I've read some of the primers and tutorials on here in the last couple of days and found them useful and inspiring.

I actually got my telescope about a year ago. Rather luckily without much research I got a Skywatcher 150 Explorer on Ebay for £150 which I think was a good buy. All in good nick hardly used.

At the time I read some stuff about collimation and got abit confused and overwhelmed by it all. However, I was determined not to give up and contented to intermittently fiddle with the scope.

So... anyway. It was a lovely clear night on Saturday (last weekend), so out I went with my telescope having found a decent explanation of collimation. Turn's out collimation's alot simpler when you take the plate off the back of the telescope :D and discover that you need an Allen key to do it. Oh the embarassment :)

So in one night I found Jupiter, Saturn, Mars, and M42 and suddenly everything has clicked.

Looking forward to more time out with my scope, although I must find somewhere better than my back garden as Stafford is rather light polluted.

I'll also keep reading on here and hope to help other beginners as I learn more myself.

Steve

Steve

A warm welcome to SGL. It looks like you've picked a bit of a bargain from ebay

There's a lot of great information already here both in the tutorials and from earlier threads. If you can't find the answer to your question, speak up and somebody here will be ready to help

Steve

Hello Steve and a warm welcome to the SGL Forum.

You chose well, even if you do say it was a bit of guesswork mixed in. A six Inch is a great scope to introduce oneself to the Universe.

Light pollution Impinges on most of us I'm afraid, but we try to beat it when we can, either by finding a decent dark site, or the use of LPR filters.

Anyway, enjoy the forum, and ask any questions should you feel the need.

Ron.:D

Archived