NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Christmas deliveries!

FLO

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, VAT increases by 2.5% from 1st Jan. The increase will be applied to FLO's prices automatically across all products so the prices will look messy for a while but we will tidy them up through January.

Some are asking about January sales. It is unlikely that we will see any 'genuine' sales (i.e not pre-planned reductions of over-priced items) as the margins in astro-retail are already squeezed. But, it is possible that Skywatcher and Celestron's UK importers have something up their sleeve that we can pass on and we will be listing some B-stock items (usually products with cosmetic faults).

HTH

Received the EQDIR module yesterday, thanks Steve and team.

Had a chance to briefly try it out and it really is excellent. Easy to connect

and setup (just remember to match the COM port settings on the computer

with the EQDIR driver). Works with Vista and Stellarium/scope. Love the EQTOUR,

just select the object from the extensive list, double click, and GOTO!

The downloaded manual is very well written, easy to understand, and the Yahoo! Group is worth

a look.

The purists may not like GOTO systems, but this is something special. The alignment

routine alone is worth the small effort involved in setting up. You can then spend more time

stargazing. Which is what It’s all about.

Best of all it’s free, apart from the modest cost of the EQDIR adapter.

Thanks to all for presenting us with such a brilliant telescope control system. :)

Unfortunately the following telescopes have sold out so cannot be delivered before Christmas:

Skywatcher Explorer 150p EQ3

Skywatcher Skyliner 150p Dobsonian

Celestron Omni XLT 120

Skywatcher Explorer 200p EQ5

Skywatcher Startravel 120 AZ3

All of the above will be back in stock early-mid Jan.

There are other models that have, or have nearly, sold out but the above are particularly popular so worth a mention here.

If you are buying a scope for Christmas please order as soon as possible as it is becoming increasingly difficult to guarantee delivery.

HTH

I am looking for the ADM dual scope rig with saddles for losmandy and Vixen..

Can you tell me if in stock as can order tonight.

That one is made-to-order, we can usually supply one in 10-15 days. (If you haven't already you will first need to upgrade your EQ6 mount's saddle to one that accepts Losmandy-type dovetails).

Sorry about the email, please PM me your email address so I can search our helpdesk.

HTH,

Steve

Received the EQDIR module yesterday, thanks Steve and team.

Had a chance to briefly try it out and it really is excellent. Easy to connect

and setup (just remember to match the COM port settings on the computer

with the EQDIR driver). Works with Vista and Stellarium/scope. Love the EQTOUR,

just select the object from the extensive list, double click, and GOTO!

The downloaded manual is very well written, easy to understand, and the Yahoo! Group is worth

a look.

The purists may not like GOTO systems, but this is something special. The alignment

routine alone is worth the small effort involved in setting up. You can then spend more time

stargazing. Which is what It’s all about.

Best of all it’s free, apart from the modest cost of the EQDIR adapter.

Thanks to all for presenting us with such a brilliant telescope control system. :)

Thank-you for the update, good to hear all is well :D

Hi Steve,

Spoke to someone at flo on Friday and they said my scope (order no. 8059) is on its way :D ...although on my order status its not showing my FedEx tracking number..just 'payment recieved' I was just wondering if there was anyway of getting hold of this if its not too much hassle? ...Just so I can make sure someone will be at home to collect it.

Kind regards :)

Two large boxes have apparently arrived at home for me....thanks steve! Just got to wait untill Christmas day until im allowed to use it now! :D

blag it thats what i did so i get to use mine the first clear night we get hehe

Archived