Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Flame Nebula - Ha & Ha +RGB

Tim

My first choice from last night. Bit dissappointed that I forgot to balance the rig in DEC, and it was extremely heavy camera side, due to this I lost several subs to streaks, but had these left over, probably about an hour and a half of 15 and 20 mins subs.

It was Baader 7nm Ha filter on SX H9 camera for the mono Ha image. The colour I pinched from an earlier pic taken in September and combined the two using Registar and PS.

Usually the Flame nebula ends up looking very two dimensional, and noise reduction routines tend to destroy its finer elements. I have tried to avoid that here, and will be coming back to this for several hours I think to further pick out the structure within the dark clouds.

This is the first astropic I have taken since September, and the first first light from my half built roll off DIY observatory & warm room. Hopefully the next pic wont be taken with the laptop on a workmate and me sitting on a pair of steps, and kneeling in sawdust :icon_eek:

Thanks for looking.

C9.25 with FR @ f6 or so, SX H9 with Baader 7nm Ha filter.

TJ

post-14037-133877412534_thumb.jpg

post-14037-133877412539_thumb.jpg

I reckon I have 6 days work to do on it Ron. My work days tend to be 12-14 hours, so a fair bit yet. Fiddly stuff too. The slab is still sweating a bit, so I want to let that cure a bit longer before putting any flooring in, although I may still tile it yet. Once the doors and internal insulation and cladding are on the dehumidifier will help remove any residual moisture. The outside is all going to be re-slabbed as well as soon as I can talk one of my suppliers into sponsoring it :icon_eek:

It gives me ......... a reason to spend more money on stuff

Thanks Bryan, but I dont want your missus blaming me :icon_eek::eek::hello2:

:mad:

Perhaps we should have a forum scapegoat, a fictional character we can all lay the blame on, for everything, and our partners can send them emails venting their feelings.

We could even make him/her responsible for all the cloud and rain. Imagine how many PM's he get each week!

;)

'Perhaps we should have a forum scapegoat, a fictional character we can all lay the blame on, for everything, and our partners can send them emails venting their feelings.'

Bill Gates. He isn't fictional but would that he were...

Olly

Archived