NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Aint posted in a while so pic of my scope in storage

acharris77

Hey all, with all this weather and taken the downtime from Astronomy to do some stuff, like build a new PC for myself and been busy with just general stuff I havent posted in a while.

So just a quick hi and thought I would post a pic of where my telescope has been for the last few weeks since the weather has been quite poor. It is in my kitchen in a corner safe and sound as seen below:

storageofscope.jpg

Hopefully I will be able to get the scope back out before Dec 2012, when something terrible will happen according to the myans (though I think they were 3 yrs out with all the weather we been having lately of "biblical porportions" as the reporters have said).

So just out of interest, where does everyone keep there scope and equipment when not in use???

Nice bit of storage there. I keep mine setup in the garage ready for carting out on the off chance... My Skymax is on my NexStar SLT, the Fracs on the HEQ5. Underneath is my cases of visual gear, and a couple of boxes containing various adatpers, fittings etc.

The skywatcher is in the bedroom so if we get burglars then they will have to get passed me to get the scope, not bothered about the rest of the stuff but the scope--hands off!.

12" is too big for the house so its kept in some old stables behind a locked door that join onto my house, i would like to see them try and take that away in there car!

The funny thing is, I get to use mine at least once a week. Yet judging by the comments here people seem to go weeks with cloud cover. The weird part is that whenever I look at the satellite cloud images each evening before leaving work, the rest of England always looks cloud free. Do you all live in Scotland? :headbang:

Archived