NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC2175 The Monkey Head Nebula

steppenwolf

After the rain cleared up late this afternoon, the skies cleared enormously and I thought I was in for a good imaging session tonight but yet again, a general mistiness slowly crept in destroying my last couple of subframes before heavy cloud descended to completely spoil things for me. However, I was quite pleased to have captured a new target for me.

SXVF-M25C on 8" Skywatcher Reflector with Baader MPCC, EQ6 SkyScan Mount. 11 images of 400 secs. each, guided, processed in PS7. Average seeing, good transparency fading to poor - finally clouded out! 23/11/09

ngc2175_231109_l.jpg

I can sort of see the monkeys head...I think :headbang:

Lovely work as usual Steve.

You have a great eye for getting just the right amount of colour saturation in your images...good strong colour without looking artificial.

Top notch.

Cheers

Rob

You have a great eye for getting just the right amount of colour saturation in your images...good strong colour without looking artificial.

Like so many things in this game, Rob, it really is a balancing act isn't it - throw in some moisture and it becomes a real challenge!

Archived